I was really happy with this one…putting it here so I do not forget!
Not my photo.
Mexican Rice (Instant Pot method)
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup oil (olive or canola oil)
- 2 tablespoon garlic , minced
- 1 medium onion , finely diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika (pimenton)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 carrot , diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- (optional) cilantro, chopped
- (optional) green olives, chopped
Put the rice in a mesh strainer and rinse with water until it runs clear then drain it well. Turn Instant Pot to saute and when hot, add oil and rice. Keep stirring for a few minutes until the rice is lightly golden, then add the garlic, onion, tomato sauce, salt, paprika and carrots, stirring to combine.
Add broth and stir well.Turn instant pot off and then secure lid and turn valve to sealed position. Turn the instant pot to the manual setting (high) and set the timer for 4 minutes.
When timer beeps, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Remove lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork (don’t stir it). Add in chopped green olives or cilantro if desired.